Wednesday 8 June 2016

Who is Ultrabikedad?

Who am I?
I'm the father of three beautiful young girls, the husband of an even more beautiful woman, living in a small village in the south west of England.  I'm not a professional, far from it - I just love cycling.  A Business Architect contractor by day, cyclist whenever time allows, bargain hunter, and discerning collector of the best cycling technology to make me go faster and further.  My wife is incredibly supportive of my utterly mad adventures, which have crossed the divide into ultra-endurance, unsupported solo races.

Here's a potted history of my significant past and upcoming events:
  • 2003 - 1 mile commuter
  • 2004 to 2008 - Amateur road racer
  • 2008 to 2014 - Dad & DIY ("B&B")
  • February 2014 to 2015 - weight loss through the pursuit of Strava KOMs
  • 2015
    • Autumn - Hill Climbs (uphill time trials)
    • December - Run over by a motorist (ouch!)
  • 2016
    • March - Swine Flu
    • April - Run over by another motorist (grrr!)
    • May 29th to 4th June - 1st in the 2,200km Giro Delle Republiche Marinare, Italy
    • June 20th - Hard Cro, 1,500km around the perimeter of Croatia
    • July 17th - Sverigetempot, 2,200km from the North to the South of Sweden...
    • Reading Hill Climb, September 2015

      Mount Teide, Tenerife, September 2007



      Col de la Croix de Fer, Les Alpes, August 2015

      Col du Telegraphe, Les Alpes, August 2015

      Col du Galibier, Les Alpes, August 2015
      Col de la Madeleine, Les Alpes, August 2015

      Family trip to Uffington café, 2015


      A snowy commute, January 2015

      My wife's first century - 102mi, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment